Dreamcast motion sport Slave Zero maybe wasn’t probably the most well-received sport on the system. Combined critiques identified poor body price, a scarcity of music, and bugs. Nevertheless, a 2014 Steam and GOG rerelease noticed this flawed title discover a new viewers.
Now the cult basic is being introduced again by writer Ziggurat and developer Poppy Works with a model new prequel. Slave Zero X adjustments the sport from a 3D motion sport to 2.5D pixel artwork hack-and-slash arcade-like expertise, full with fashionable combos and frenetic motion.
The upcoming sport — impressed by the likes of Satan Could Cry, Shinobi, and Responsible Gear — does not have a launch date but, however it will likely be bringing its chaotic and gory motion to Change. it reminds us of a blood-soaked Strider in some ways, and we’re completely right here for it.
Writer Ziggurat revealed that Slave Zero X, set in the identical world as the unique, is predicated on idea artwork for the Dreamcast sport and sports activities an H.R Giger and biopunk aesthetic. Now the staff wish to carry the true imaginative and prescient of the unique to fruition.
Here is all the things we all know thus far concerning the sport straight from the press launch:
Options of Slave Zero X embrace:
- A number of Gameplay Modes: Play via the story, construct your combo-crushing expertise in coaching mode, or check your would possibly within the post-story Bloody Palace Mode
- Facet-Scrolling Hack and Slash: Chain collectively deadly assault combos along with your sword and an array of explosive ordinance whereas leaping, sprinting, and flipping your method via a grim biopunk world
- Beautiful Set Items: Conquer mini-bosses and climactic archvillains in unforgettable fight sequences
- Motion-Packed Heroic Missions: Battle your method via huge ranges, mazes, and boss-rushes in a dynamic 2.5D world
- Epic and Dynamic Ambiance: Immerse your self in a world of heavy Drum ‘n Bass and industrial tracks that get extra intense because the motion heats up
You may take a look at the debut (and really bloody, due to this fact age-restricted) trailer for this shock sequel proper right here on YouTube.
Are you a fan of Slave Zero? What do you consider this prequel? Tell us within the feedback!