Netflix is on a roll in the case of including extra anime and gaming diversifications to its library. With diversifications like Dota, Resident Evil, Castlevania, and extra, it is clear that the streaming service is all-in on “geek tradition,” because it markets this department, and that features much more The Witcher on the horizon. With the live-action The Witcher season 2 coming quickly and the prequel nicely underway, there’s one more Polish-inspired adaptation within the works, and that is with Netflix’s The Witcher anime referred to as Nightmare of the Wolf. We have obtained a model new have a look at what’s forward with a recent trailer and a full solid reveal.
Netflix shared the most recent trailer of Nightmare of the Wolf on the official Witcher Twitter account, which you’ll see under. Moreover, Netflix additionally confirmed the solid behind the mainstay characters. However first, let’s check out the trailer:
As for the solid:
- Theo James as Vesemir
- “Vesemir grew up as a servant on a nobleman’s property, working lengthy days for too little coin. He yearns to interrupt freed from his social standing and to discover the Continent to search out his future.”
- Lara Pulver as Tetra
- “Tetra Gilcrest is a robust sorceress who’s descended from one of many Continent’s first mages, and believes magic connects all issues of magnificence. She and her followers work to maintain peace on the Continent by making certain that magic just isn’t abused.”
- Mary McDonnel as Girl Zerbst
- “Girl Zerbst is a Kaedwen noblewoman who inherited her husband’s seat on the king’s advisory council after his demise. She has since risen to turn into one of many king’s most trusted advisors, and a fierce supporter of the witchers.”
- Graham McTavis as Degla
- “Deglan was raised on the cruel, unforgiving Skellige Isles and is the hardened warrior-leader of the witchers. He’s fiercely loyal to his “boys,” and dedicated to doing no matter is critical to guard them.”
The anime is a prequel with Vesemir taking heart stage. He is an older veteran to the witcher order and considerably of a father determine to Geralt of Rivia. In accordance with Netflix, the official description states: “Lengthy earlier than mentoring Geralt, Vesemir begins his personal journey as a witcher after the mysterious Deglan claims him by way of the Legislation of Shock.”
Lauren S. Hissrich, the present showrunner of the live-action The Witcher sequence, is on the helm as showrunner and co-executive producer on Nightmare of the Wolf. She is joined by Kwang Han (The Boondocks, The Final Airbender) because the anime’s director. Writing the brand new sequence is Beau DeMayo, rounding out the artistic group.
The anime take might be dropping on Netflix prior to you would possibly suppose. The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf arrives on August 23, 2021, solely on the streaming platform.