Thumper, the “rhythm-violence” recreation launched method again in 2017 for the Swap, has obtained a brand new replace. It is a fairly substantial one too, including a model new Observe Mode to the sport, which helps you to replay sure sections of a observe with out factoring in scores or ranks, plus a function during which you are capable of restart from any earlier checkpoint.
Further fixes have been put in place for the sport which ought to alleviate any grievances you might have with the expertise. Only recently, we lauded over Thumper on its fifth anniversary for the Swap, calling it some of the satisfying video games to play, interval”. Be sure you additionally try our preliminary evaluation; we scored the sport a powerful 9/10 and praised its presentation, extravagance, and brutal problem.
Listed below are the complete patch notes from the most recent replace:
– New Observe Mode: replay particular degree sections with out getting a rating or rank
– Improved “Restart from Checkpoint” function: restart from any earlier checkpoint (not simply present or earlier). NOTE: you may solely restart from any earlier checkpoint on new degree playthroughs after updating and never on playthroughs from earlier than this replace.
– Fastened “phantom turns” that may seem below sure circumstances in Stage 6-9.
– Checkpoint rating/rank tally is displayed on the finish of the ultimate part of Stage 9 if the extent has been beforehand accomplished. This helps these trying to S-rank Stage 9.
– Minor menu look and conduct fixes and tweaks
– Fastened potential hold that may happen when spamming the pause or fast restart button on the finish of a degree, simply earlier than the rating tally display screen
– Fastened visible points on pause menu when the sport scene is partially light out
– Fastened incorrectly swapped X/Y buttons on Nintendo Swap controllers
– Doubtlessly complicated “save knowledge corrupted” message modified for readability. It should solely seem within the very uncommon case when the sport fails to recuperate the latest legitimate save.
Have you ever been taking part in Thumper since its launch in 2017? Will you be checking it out now that it is obtained a hefty patch? Tell us!